Donor Advised Fund
Harness the Giving Power of a Private Foundation
Donor Advised Funds Made Easy
If you have a donor advised fund and would like assistance filling out the paperwork to make a grant recommendation to help our animals, this tool will assist you through the process.
A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to Animal Humane Society and other charities.
You transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization such as a public foundation. You can then recommend—but not direct—how much and how often money is granted. In addition, you avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation.
In return, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account. This also allows for a centralized giving and record-keeping system in one location.
If you have a donor advised fund and would like assistance filling out the paperwork to make a grant recommendation to help our animals, our DAF Direct tool will assist you through the process.
Support What Matters
Learn more about donor advised funds. View and download the FREE guide One-Stop Giving: The Convenience and Simplicity of Donor Advised Funds.View My Guide
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for Animal Humane Society (which they've supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their daughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?Download My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Contact Melissa Peacock at 763-489-1575 or email@example.com to discuss using donor advised funds to support Animal Humane Society and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Animal Humane Society in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Animal Humane Society
Address: 845 Meadow Lane North, Golden Valley, MN 55422
Federal Tax ID Number: 41-0693842